Family First Dental in Australia
Welcome to Family First Dental, your local family dentist in Australia. We provide a wide range of dental services for all ages, from preventative care and hygiene to complex restorative treatments. We believe in providing quality dental care for all our patients and take a personalised approach to each individual’s needs. We understand that visiting the dentist can be a daunting experience for some, so we strive to create a warm and welcoming environment where you can feel relaxed and comfortable.
We look forward to meeting you and your family and providing you with the best possible dental care.
What do you mean by dental care?
Dental care is taking care of your teeth and gums to prevent oral health problems. It includes brushing your teeth twice a day, flossing daily, and visiting your dentist regularly for checkups and cleanings.
What is the importance of dental care?
Dental care is essential for many reasons. It helps to prevent tooth decay, gum disease, and other problems that can lead to poor oral health. It also helps to keep your teeth and gums healthy and looking their best. Regular dental care can also help to identify problems early before they become more serious.
What are the types of dental treatment?
Many types of dental treatments are available to help you maintain healthy teeth and gums. Some of the most common treatments include:
- Brushing and flossing: Brushing twice a day and flossing once a day is essential for keeping your teeth and gums healthy. Be sure to use a soft-bristled brush and toothpaste that contains fluoride.
- Dental sealants: Dental sealants are thin, plastic coatings applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth. Sealants protect the teeth from decay-causing bacteria and food particles.
- Fluoride treatments: Fluoride is a mineral that helps prevent tooth decay. Fluoride treatments can be in the form of a gel, foam, or varnish that is applied to the teeth.
- Crowns: A dental crown is a custom-made, tooth-shaped “cap” over a damaged or decayed tooth. Crowns are made from porcelain, metal, or ceramic materials.
- Bridges: A dental bridge is used to replace one or more missing teeth. Bridges are made up of two crowns for the teeth on either side of the gap, with a false tooth in between.
- Implants: A dental implant is a metal post that is surgically placed into the jawbone to serve as a replacement for a missing tooth. An implant is then topped with a crown to restore the tooth.
How do you know if you need dental work?
If you’re experiencing any pain or discomfort in your mouth, it’s essential to see a dentist. They will be able to assess your situation and let you know if you need any dental work. Other signs that you may need dental work include:
- Bad breath that doesn’t go away with brushing and flossing
- Visible holes or decay in your teeth
- Sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures
- Gum disease
If you’re not sure whether or not you need dental work, it’s always best to err on the side of caution and make an appointment with your dentist. They will be able to give you a thorough examination and let you know if anything needs to be done.